If you’re looking for a flexible iPad or tablet stand that can reach almost 3 feet tall, wrap around the arm of your easy chair, or maybe lie flat on a countertop or even hang down from a ledge, have I got a stand for you! The O-Stand from LapDawg is an amazingly versatile stand. It has a maximum height of 31.5 inches to a minimum height of 6 inches as a tablet / iPad holder. It works with iPad 1, 2, HD, all Android tablets, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Sony eReader, Nook and Kobo. No other stand will allow you to use your device in as many configurations as the o-Stand will.
The best way for me to describe the O-Stand is with their specs on the product and with pictures of the different configurations. I’ll include as many of their pictures as I can, but you can go to the gallery that LapDawg supplies on their Web site to see even more great usage ideas.
The O-Stand comes in about three pieces that you easily snap/screw together to create this four legged monster. I call it a monster because it’s not lightweight, or very portable. Its best suited for use around the house or the office, but really not on the road. Let’s look at the specs.
- 4 removable metallic “flexy” legs that you simply bend to any shape allowing creativity in how you want your iPad or tablet held.
- 360 degree rotatable ball joint allowing landscape or portrait modes.
- Ergonomic. Bendable neck for perfect viewing adjustments
- Unit by itself is only 2.9 lbs
- Compatible Device size from 7 inches to 11 inches
- Maximum possible height as stand is 31.5 inches from floor to top of holder.
- Smallest compact form is 6 inches wide and the height of the device.
- 4 metallic “Flexy” legs with gripping ball end points. Grabs on most surfaces for additional stability.
- 30 day MONEY BACK guarantee and LIFETIME GUARANTEE of the product. If defective, ship it back and they’ll exchange it for a new product for the product’s lifetime.
I like the O-Stand for it’s sturdy construction and flexible configuration. There are very few places where you want to see your iPad that the O-Stand cannot fit your iPad into. Whether laying flat on your back, sitting in your chair or standing at your table or desk, the O-Stand will give you great hands-free access to your iPad.
On the down side, the lack of true portability, the $79.00 price tag, and weight may deter some iPad owners from choosing the O-Stand. I also found that turning the iPad from landscape mode into portrait mode left the iPad a bit less secure then I would have liked to see. The claws could have held my iPad tighter then they did. But these are user specific complaints and it might not be an issue for you.
I hope at the very least I was able to wet your appetite to learn more about the LapDawg O-Stand. If so, you’ll want to check out their Web site and photo gallery at www.lapdawg.com.