I’ve been on a roll of late talking about all the special effects and plug-ins for FCPX from FXFactory. Last, but not least, we’re looking at Borders from SquidFX. Borders allows you to add frames around your video projects or stills in FCPX. That may sound a bit boring for you, but believe me when I say that SquidFX took framing to a new level.
It comes with 27 presets filled with features professionals need. These effects work on HD video clips and still images of any size. Then what makes Borders so powerful is the options you have to change the presets to match the specific style and look that you need. Let’s look at the features:
- Choose from a variety of corner shapes
- Easy controls for border width, corner size and color
- Optional Build In and Build Out animations
- Style selections such as Drop Shadow, Rough Edges and Soft Edges
- Works automatically with any aspect ratio – HD video, SD video, tall photos, panoramic shots, etc.
- AutoFit option precisely shrinks the clip so the border doesn’t overlap your footage
- Custom-Crop mode with on screen controls – crops and adds a border in a single step
- Blend modes for combining the color of the border with the clip